Monday, November 12, 2012

Pepero and Veterans Day


image obtained from google images 
November 11th Veterans day in the U.S and Pepero Day in Korea.  Pepero are crunchy cookie sticks that are coated with chocolate.  In Korea on 11/11 you give your friends pepero because the long thin sticks look like the number 1.  While teaching in Korea I would get boxes and boxes of these tasty treats.  I wanted to celebrate the holiday state side with my Korean friends so I decided to make my very own pepero. 
pepero for the hubby


They still need some work but I really enjoyed how they turned out. Be sure to add a comment if you want the recipe!

pepero for friends!
November 11th is also veterans day and I wanted to do something to honor the men and women who have given their all to keep this country safe.

I made a U.S themed pepero to honor our veterans and remember that while in Korea it is fun to get a sweet treat on Nov. 11th it is even better to remember our veterans and all they have done for us.   


Did you thank a veteran on Veterans day?  Be sure to go out an spread your appreciation.  A simple thank you or a kind gesture will go far.  I would like to say a big Thank You to all the veterans out there for everything you have done to support our country!



image obtained from google images 





No comments:

Post a Comment