Thursday, July 14, 2011

Cake for Kiddies



This week marks my last week teaching in Korea.
For the past 3 years I have been teaching an after school reading club.
I wan't to instil a love of reading in my students. Many of them only have time for studying, and don't have time to sit down an appriciate a good book.
We read one or two books a semester. This year we read boxcar children books, a favorite from my childhood. Every so often I try to bring the book to life for the stuents. The boxcar children books are great because they talk about cooking a lot. It is a great way for my students to learn first hand about western style food. This semester we made bread, had a clam boil and on our last day of class decorated a cake. The following are some fun pictures from our cake decorating day.




I made the cake the night before (I have always wanted to try a cake like this, thanks to http://iammommy.typepad.com/i_am_baker/ she is wonderful!) Hope you enjoy, I know the kiddies did ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment