Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Good Luck Y'all

I was recently comishonded to make some cookies for a going away party.  No problem, I can do that.  Then I heard what the theme was....Texas.


Hmmmm, I was stumped.  I know Texas has some wonderful culture but I have never been and never thought much about it.  I turned Bake and 350 for inspiration remembering she did some beautiful themed Texas cookies awhile back.


I was struck with inspiration and after consulting with my client we decided on a bedazzled texas theme.
The results were extra shiny sparkly cookies and a better understanding on how to do a set of texas themed cookies.

I have to say that the Lone Stars were a lot of fun to make.  I would love to make a bunch of the double stacked cookies pictured below in a variety of colors.  There is something very calming about piping repeating geometric shapes.  


The one thing this set really taught me was how important it is to have quality luster dust.  Right after I finished this set I went out and bought some quality luster dust instead of the big name brand you can find in your local craft stores.  I will try and post a comparison of the two later on so you can see the difference in quality.  This set would have been far easier with a better quality product.  



So that's my Texas themed set for Y'all hope you enjoyed it.  

Finally being a Minnesotan girl and having the client be from Minnesota as well I just had to break out my Minnesota cutter for a few cookies.

Stay Sweet Everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment