Sunday, May 26, 2013

1st Birthday Cookies for Lincoln


I love making cookies, my favorite type to make are birthday cookies, especially cookies for kids.  They are a lot of fun and really let me be creative.  They also allow me to keep things simple.  These cookies were made last minute for a friend's son, for his 1st birthday. I really enjoy how versatile my cupcake cookie cutter is.  Cupcakes are good for all occasions!


I could see these cookies being great for anyone's birthday not just a 1st birthday.  Maybe for a friend who isn't wild about cake but loves cookies (there are people out there that don't like cake.... believe me.... I happen to be one of them)



Maybe you just want to surprise someone special to you but don't know exactly when you will be seeing them.  A cupcake cookie is perfect for that!  They keep much longer than cupcakes and are just as cute (in my opinion at least)


This same set could be made with a variety of numbers on the round cookies or just leave them with dots...maybe a little heart or star in the middle.  


In the end, these cookies were for a very special little boys birthday.  Happy Birthday Lincoln!  You are a sweet little boy and I can't wait to see you grow up into a wonderful young man.  
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment