Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Apple Chips

I was looking for a healthy sweet snack to make for one of my friends and I stumbled upon my new favorite snack, Apple Chips! These thin crispy bundles of goodness are perfect on a chilly night with a cup of apple cider or tea.
The best part is you don't need a food dehydrator to make them, you just need your oven and about 3 hours.


You will need:
2 apples sliced as thin as you possibly can
Cinnamon and any other spice you like with apples (I used ginger, cloves and cinnamon)

Preheat oven to 250 and place sliced apples on two baking sheets lined with parchment paper
Dust apples with spices
Bake for an hour and a half on one side and flip and another hour and a half
(bake until chips are crisp, they will only get a bit crispier once they cool, if they are still soggy, they are not done)
Place on a cooling rack and enjoy a few warm ones.
Package up nice to give to a friend or enjoy them yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment